Introducing Voices of Illyriad, and your host: Ashi

 


Welcome!

Thanks for visiting Voices of Illyriad - a series of discussions with players from Illyriad's Elgea and Broken Lands. 

The ABOUT page of this site gives a general view of the intent, which is broadly to offer an insight and dynamic that rarely presents itself in the game naturally.

I am pleased to bring this new series to the community, and hope you find it an enjoying read!




About Me:

I have played Illyriad since February 2025, so am still relatively new. You may know me as the guy who is (was) constantly doing prestige builds and asking for resources, the proprietor and sole occupant of Turtle Island, and until recently one of the leaders of [YARR!].

As of June 2026, I have hit my target 32 towns and have decided to wander the lands solo for the time being, visiting other alliances.

I've been playing multiplayer games for over 20 years, from the wild west of dialup days on mplayer.com playing Aliens vs. Predator, Age of Empires 2, Diablo 1&2 etc to 10+ years on Ultima Online as part of a small, elite PvP group (who are now mostly real life friends), other MMORPGs, plenty of survival games and lots, lots more. I used to be the manager of a small regional chain of videogames stores too.

Illyriad is the first browser game that has really stuck and gripped me, but I have played others including OGame, Astro Empires, Torn, Netropolis, and Mouse Hunt.

My view is multiplayer games are more interesting when players know what makes each other tick. Therefore my hope is for this series to make the game, and the community, a little more interesting for everyone.

I live in England with my partner and our son. My favourite food is pizza (probably marinara!), and I once broke my wrist with my head.  


What now?

At the time of posting this, the first few interviews are already live, and new interviews will be released every few weeks. 

There may also be content beyond interviews...

I look forward to speaking to more of you over coming months.

If you have any feedback or questions, please share it with me in game or on Discord.

Thanks,

Ashi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An interview with: Thirion aka Ellania/DragonHunter [ITG / SMA]

An interview with: The Last Daughter [YARR!]